In honor of the one year anniversary of my first post, I’m featuring a few of my favorites from the vaults. Enjoy!
1. What’s So Funny?
My very first post, on humor and activism. I still like it. Does that mean I’m not getting any better at this?
2. An Interview with Sins Invalid: An Unshamed Claim to Beauty in the Face of Invisibility
I got the chance with a fabulous bay area group doing disability justice through theater.
3. Stop Advocating for the Arts: Start Advocating for People
Shifting our discourse around the problems in arts education
4. Drop That Knowledge
A (Comic) Book Review about youth media
5. Designers Wanted: Social Movement Work
A role for information design in fighting for social justice
6. Taking On the Invisible Man: How Art Confronts Power
Part of my ongoing series on how power works in cultural organizing
7. What is Project HIP-HOP?: A Participatory Research Project
A video that came out of participatory research with youth cultural organizers
8. The World Still Needs Heroes
On the enduring myth of superheroes, and their usefulness in social justice work
9. Profile: Tahrir Cinema
A look at the makeshift cinema at the center of the Egyptian uprising